- Pick up training materials and familiarize your self with required home study
- Monday evening in the classroom testing and being tutored
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the pool developing skills and gaining confidence
- A full weekend at the lake OR if you can be referred to a trainer at your vacation destination to complete the Open Water dives.
Find a schedule
Owning a Scuba Diving quality mask, fins, snorkel and safety sausage is an industry standard. A very generous discount is offered to new students investing in gear. We have rental sets available for $20 if owning is not currently an option.
Once you have completed your class and pool work you have 2 choices to complete your training and receive a certification card.
Option 1 – Join us at Lake Tenkiller for a FUN weekend of diving and socializing with other divers.
Option 2 – A Referral allows a diver that has completed Step 1 (class/pool) with us to let another instructor pick up where we left off. In other words, if you have a trip coming up you can have an instructor at your vacation destination do the equivalent of what we would do at the lake with you. Referrals are very common and easy.
We have invested an obvious and significant amount of time and money into all aspects of our award winning training programs to ensure learning is safe, FUN and as easy as possible. Having said that, we do have divers in training that occasionally need a little bit more time or help to complete the class with confidence. Its no problem at all continuing to work with people that need more time but if you wait until right before your trip to start classes you may not finish in time. We recommend starting classes sooner than later not only to avoid the pressure of completing the class but to allow time after the class to practice a bit.
If you are doing a Referral you will not pay us the $125.00 Open Water fee as we are not associated with the resort companies you will be doing the Referral with. Expect the resort operation you use to charge you approximately $200.00 to $300.00. Don’t let that sticker shock freak you out, check into what that includes and it won’t seem so bad. Please feel free to ask us for advice and more details for what to expect.
- PADI Open Water Crew pak with the Open Water manual, Dive Computer Simulator and a log book. These are yours to keep for future refreshing.
- Home study materials are a complimentary upgrade at no charge that saves you time and offers a learning envrironment of your choosing.
- Flexible schedule
- All students will receive training and use of dive computers at no charge! NOTE: Dive Tables are a thing of the past but some old school, discount trainers with limited resources still teach that way and you will be lost.
- Confined Water (pool) training is in a heated, indoor pool
- A max of 5 students to 1 instructor is our standard which is about 1/2 of the norm which makes it much more personal.
- We try to pair students with others that have a similar learning pace. This often means even smaller student ratios at no additional charge. We wouldn’t want to pair a 10 year old and a Navy Seal together for example.
- Personal equipment matching is very important but not everyone teaches that way. Not only do we have specific gear for Men & Women, its always current model gear from all major brands and styles you get a feel for different options.
- All regulators come standard with air-integrated dive computers.
- All BCD’s are weight integrated.
- All regulators are balanced for ease of breathing.
There are several types of equipment out there and we are the only local shop that will expose you to all of these different “tools” (types of equipment). You may not understand the following terminology (yet) but every diver has an opinion on what they like and you will be exposed to lots of options! The more you tell us about your expectations and goals, the better we can match gear to you.
We provide ONLY the finest state of the art Scuba Diving equipment from top reputable brands such as: Scubapro, Uwatec, Aqualung, Suunto, Oceanic, Atomic, Apeks, Sherwood DUI, Hollis, Halcyon, Sherwood and more.
Ask about our Try it Before you Buy it and Rent to Own program. Say NO to buyers remorse!
- Be at least 10 years old.
- Study the training materials in the comfort of your preferred learning environment (home, work, a park etc.)
- Provide a Scuba quality mask, fins, snorkel and a Log Book. This is an industry standard.
- Attend 100% of all sessions.
Standard format (STEP 1)
- Register for class and recieve home study training materials
- Study at home watching a DVD, going through the manual and completing the Dive Computer Simulator
- Attend a Test & Tutor session typically on Monday Nights from 6-9pm
- Attend 2 pool sessions (Confined Water) typically Tuesday and Thursday Nights from 6-9pm
Option 1 standard training- Join our Training Team at one of the area lakes (typically Lake Tenkiller) for a FUN weekend of diving and socializing. Typically Saturday morning we will meet for an optional social breakfast about 8am, otherwise divers should be geared up ready to go typically at 9am at the agreed location. We will be exploring underwater mountain ranges until about 1pm to complete the days training. Saturday nights we like to have a social party at our Mobile Mansion for a FREE cookout. Typically Sunday morning is the same schedule as Saturday. You will receive a map with instructions on where to meet when you pick up your gear to take to the lake or sooner if you request it. Students are required to transport their equipment to the lake. When you swing by to pick up your gear we will give you final logistical information or upon request prior to that.
Option 2 getting a referral – Completing your class/pool training with us will earn you a Referral. A Referral allows another instructor anywhere in the world to pick up where we left off to complete your training. This is a great option for divers that would like to get certified in the colder months and are not feeling adventurous enough to brave the cold lake.
Pictures of students having FUN will be up shortly….